incubator-general mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A lot of bodies, a lot of money, and a source-dump release.
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 07:21:52 GMT
>>  would then like
>> to see a binding committment from IBM to fund this budget -- with cash,
>
> The ASF does not muddy the waters of open source development with cash. Our sponsors
do not sponsor specific projects or activities. For this reason we cannot ask IBM or anyone
else to pay for this podling.

+1
If IBM would sponsor, the ASF is not longer independent.

> I do agree that there will be a longer term impact on ASF resources, both cash and volunteers.
The ASF needs to be mindful of this, but handing out an itemised bill is not how we work,
nor is that an ASF I want to be part of.

is there already any activity (from infra?) to calculate the cost of
this project? Or are there even numbers?