incubator-general mailing list archives

From Norbert Thiebaud <nthieb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OOo - Lines in the sand and pre-determined conclusions...
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 11:19:06 GMT
On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 5:33 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 04, 2011 at 11:52:48AM +0200, Cor Nouws wrote:
>>
>> Hmm, got that wrong I see now
>> http://www.networkworld.com/community/apache-president-jim-jagielski-talks-openoffice-org
>>
>> Which is no problem for me, but obviously I misunderstood your
>> statement about not talking to the press.
>>

> Tell me where in that post anyone from the ASF is openly critical
> of TDF or strongly implies that TDF's "ideological" stance will
> be a factor in breaking any cooperation.
>
> That is the difference. Outwardly and publicly the ASF is stressing
> the good and the potential of this effort.

like:

Jagielski says what is "typical" for Apache is "building (or even
"_re-building_") communities around those codebases."
He says that makes Apache the perfect place to "help '_repair_' the
community" around OpenOffice.org
Weir also encourages the idea of doing core OO.org development in
Apache and then having additional work done by _derivatives_.
?

Norbert