incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Manfred A. Reiter" <ma.rei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice: were are we now?
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 14:41:21 GMT
Hi Richard, *

2011/6/6 Richard S. Hall <heavy@ungoverned.org>

> On 6/6/11 2:48, Phil Steitz wrote:

[...]

> Disclaimer: I work for Oracle, but certainly don't speak for them and I knew nothing
about this other than what i've read on these mailing lists...

> However, it seems like we have lost sight of the fact that TDF split the community from
OOo. Sure, Oracle is the perceived villain and TDF the perceived good guy, but it doesn't
change the fact that OOo created the community in the first place.

Fact: Your employer provoked the split, by a absolute
"non-communication" on the existing mailinglist.
Now, to say that TDF has split the Communtiy is dishonest!

Under these conditions, I'll change my entry in the wiki.

Best regards

Manfred, ex german Co-Lead OOo