incubator-general mailing list archives

From Yegor Kozlov <ye...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Request: Can "proposed committers" introduce themselves?
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 07:59:46 GMT
My name is Yegor Kozlov. I'm a Java developer, committer and a PMC in
the Apache POI project. I've been hacking Microsoft Office formats
since 2005 and got pretty solid knowledge of the internals of MS Excel
and PowerPoint.

I'm interested in bringing the ODF Toolkit to Apache and integrating
this API with Apache POI. With ODF, POI will become a universal API
for Office documents covering most of popular office formats.

Apache POI is a conduit to other Apache products, in particular, to
Apache Tika which uses POI for text extraction. Support for ODF is
certainly a subject of interest here.

Regards,
Yegor