incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice.org Incubator Proposal: Collaboration with TDF/LO
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 04:45:46 GMT
On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 22:25,  <robert_weir@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Simon,
>
> Could you say a little of when you had in mind with this segment:
>
> "potentially highly complementary focus on the GNU/Linux community as well
> as on Windows and Mac consumer end-users"
>
> By one definition, "complementary" means non-overlapping, pieces that are

I find the query to be pedantic. We are not formulating a
multi-national standards agreement here. Words are just words, and
this is just a proposal to the Incubator PMC. Throw them on "paper"
and move along.

Simon's statement seemed pretty clear: LibreOffice complements
anything that we do here at Apache. There is no need for additional
constraint or precision. It gets across the basic concept.

Cheers,
-g

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is"
  -- Mr Clinton