incubator-general mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice: were are we now?
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 23:49:41 GMT
On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 12:38 AM, Richard S. Hall <heavy@ungoverned.org>wrote:

> I don't think the proposal here is for OOo to enter incubation and then try
> to copy everything that TDF/LO does. I assume the proposers have a vision
> for where they want to go, even though they may be starting from the same
> place.

I'm not clear how safe that assumption is - that's what I have been waiting
to see explained for quite a while actually. Rob has been strong on
long-term abstract vision (clearly more omniscient than me), but any time
specifics of what (& how) is going to happen in the immediate future in
terms of maintaining the important consumer end-user presence OpenOffice.org
delivers, things get pretty fuzzy and hand-wavey.

S.