incubator-general mailing list archives

From Eric Sammer <esam...@cloudera.com>
Subject Policy for BUILD and CHANGES files in podling releases
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 02:57:26 GMT
Incubators:

I can't find an appropriate policy on the licensing requirements of
ancillary files like BUILD or CHANGES files that are commonly distributed
with releases. I'm specifically looking at the somewhat vague and confusing
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html but also
http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html. I did find:

"Does this apply to documentation files included in a release?"
Yes.

...(in the context of license headers) in the src-headers.html doc, but if
that's the case, it doesn't look like many projects adhere to it. Ironically
enough, the RAT project (which is what I'm using from our maven build) is
what caught this and has the same files with no license headers.

Any direction is appreciated.
Thanks!
--
Eric Sammer