incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: A little OOo history
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 21:25:25 GMT
On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 5:11 PM, Ian Lynch <ianrlynch@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7 June 2011 21:17, <robert_weir@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
>> Danese Cooper <danese@gmail.com> wrote on 06/07/2011 03:43:56 PM:
>> >
>> > robert_weir@us.ibm.com:
>> >
>> > Not surprisingly, you missed my point (or chose to ignore it). We at
>>
>> Honestly, your insult does surprise me.
>
> Rob, why do you interpret that as an insult? If it is one, you have been
> insulting many people all up and down the lists ;-) What was it you said to
> Florian?
>
> It ain't what you say its the way that you say it....that's what gets
> results (needs the music <http://bit.ly/khXMvK> really :-) )

The words "not surprisingly" were not necessary.  Labeling these words
as an "insult", while arguably technically accurate, increased rather
than reduced tension.

It would be helpful if we all tried a little harder to avoid such
terms, perhaps resolving differences off-list.

I've never met Rob, but I have met Danese.  While I can understand
where she is coming from, those words surprised me too.

- Sam Ruby