incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <>
Subject Re: OpenOffice: were are we now?
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 20:49:20 GMT
On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 9:44 PM,  <> wrote:

> I am puzzled by the view one open source project should not compete
> against another.

And I am puzzled how you don't accept that open source *allows*
forking and all that stuff, but that doesn't mean that competition is
necessarily good, or just felt as good. In particular not in a case,
when the code base is most likely 90% or more identical and there's a
lot of common history. And, likewise, not in a case like this where
competition primarily means that a lot of effort (building, mirroring,
...) will be spent for simply duplicating things that don't add any
value to either project.

Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men
will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of

John Maynard Keynes (

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message