incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org Apache Incubator Proposal: Splitting^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HREUNITING the Community?
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 14:28:27 GMT
On Jun 4, 2011 10:08 AM, "Florian Effenberger" <
floeff@documentfoundation.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Julien Vermillard wrote on 2011-06-04 16.05:
>
>> In short : taxes (US taxes) saving donnating stuff to non profit org.
>

> where is this different from a German entity where donations are
tax-deductible, like with the current association (which is even accredited
as "especially meritorious" by the tax department), or the foundation
currently created?

"Oracle America" is the full name of the entity that granted us the code.
They may not have been able to get the same tax deduction donating to a
foreign entity. The tax deduction would be *considerable* given the value of
the OOo brand.

Personally, I think Oracle's choice had more to do with IBM's
recommendation, than taxes.

Cheers,
-g