incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <>
Subject Re: Question to IBM regarding license of Lotus Symphony
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 11:35:22 GMT
On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 6:24 AM, Andreas Kuckartz <> wrote:
> So my question to IBM is:
> Are you willing to consider open-sourcing IBM Lotus Symphony (even if
> only parts of it) ?

While I work for IBM, I don't work for that part of IBM.  That being
said, I do believe that we already have an answer to that question.
IBM has indicated that they are willing to contribute to a project
made available under the Apache License, Version 2.0, which is a
recognized Open Source license.  Some of these contributions will be
derived from the current IBM Lotus Symphony offering.

As you are undoubtedly aware, IBM contributes to a number of projects,
including Linux.  Contributions to each project are made consistent
with the license terms of that project.

> If yes: which licenses would IBM be willing to consider ?

Is there any reason to believe that the Apache License, Version 2.0 is
not an appropriate choice in this situation?

- Sam Ruby

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message