incubator-general mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org Apache Incubator Proposal: Splitting the Community?
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 18:29:15 GMT
On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 7:12 PM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:

> Just remember, we haven't yet even voted on whether or not to accept
> the podling.
>
> These are decisions the podling should be making.

They can only make those decisions if they know they have to make them. I
think it's very material to your vote whether the proposers have in fact
recognised the importance of the consumer brand and the non-technical
end-user community. I strongly suggest Apache take this seriously and not
surrender to hand-waving answers about it.

S.