incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept for incubation
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2011 12:43:07 GMT
On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 12:02 AM, Sam Ruby <> wrote:
> [  ] +1 Accept for incubation
> [  ] +0 Indifferent to incubation
> [  ] -1 Reject for incubation

I think by accepting this ASF is risking quite a lot of flak and
reputational damage. We have too much baggage from IBM/Oracle in
recent past, to be played like this. Not seeing the deal being struck
between this and Harmony, or ignoring it, is a great injustice to
those individuals that put in their sweat in Harmony.

I sincerely think that this incubation will fail. I think IBM will
spend most 'innovation' in their downstream project and quite quickly
we will have a disrupted landscape, without any
shippable binaries for many platforms.

FTR, I hope that TDF will reconsider the stance on the Apache License
and joins this effort as an equal partner, in which case I applaud
those who made this happen and I would stand corrected. Prove me

Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer - New Energy for Java

I live here;
I work here;
I relax here;

To unsubscribe, e-mail: