incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <>
Subject Re: [tdf-discuss] Re: [Libreoffice] Proposal to join Apache OpenOffice
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 16:36:56 GMT
On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 12:17, Florian Effenberger
<> wrote:
> Hi Jim,
> Jim Jagielski wrote on 2011-06-06 18.06:
>>> The reality is that IBM employees wearing their IBM hats, have made it
>>> >
>> How?
> I am *not* saying you would be influenced or forced - I'd never doubt that
> you are deciding independent. However, what people may give the feeling that
> something's wrong are statements like these:
> "it is a done deal"
> That might create wrong impressions...

I'll repeat what Jim said: how do you think IBM can force us to take
the project? Bob can say whatever he'd like on his blog.

The software grant is a "done deal". I happen to believe the proposal
will be accepted, but it is not a "done deal".

In any case... stop assuming that what *one* person says is
representative of the entire (ASF) community. That simply isn't true.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message