incubator-general mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <>
Subject Re: Request: Can "proposed committers" introduce themselves?
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 12:02:26 GMT
On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 9:57 PM, Cor Nouws <> wrote:
> Richard S. Hall wrote (08-06-11 11:03)
>> On 06/08/2011 04:16 AM, Christian Lippka wrote:
>>> Moin Moin [1],
>>> my name is Christian Lippka and I work on the donnated code base since
>>> 1998
>>> [..]
>> I just wanted to say that this is one of the best messages I've read
>> throughout this entire ordeal. Thanks.
> Yip - thanks Christian :-)

I seem to have worn quite a few hats over the years...

Apache-wise, I [1] was elected a Member [2] of the Apache Software
Foundation in 2005, elected to the IPMC [3] in 2006 and served on the
Legal Affairs committee [4] from 2007 till 2010. Code-wise [5], in the
crazy early days at Jakarta [6] I spent a lot of time in the Commons
[7] community factoring out micro-libraries. Latterly, over in the
community at James [8] we factored out a series of components from a
monolithic code base and grew a vibrant community around them. A
particular interest was creating a working IMAP library. I'm to blame
for too much of the process, build and release documentation Apache
inflicts on it's projects and podlings. I have interests in community

I'm recovering from an injury ATM and have only limited computer time,
and too many existing interests for the time I have. But I think I
might be able to help the community over the initial build, release
and licensing issues, with factoring out components and the general
culture shock.

I'm (very) independent ;-)

[7] Now at

To unsubscribe, e-mail: