incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice and the ASF
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 15:14:01 GMT
Hi Simon,

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Simon Brouwer <simon.oo.o@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> I think that is exactly the problem for many in the OpenOffice.org
> community. We didn't know of anything going on between OpenOffice.org and
> the ASF until Oracle's press release. So we have hardly had the opportunity
> to get acquainted ;)

No worries. For most of us in the Incubator PMC the Oracle press
release was also the first sign of something like this happening. It
made for a few interesting hours before the actual proposal hit the
mailing list. :-)

Incubation at Apache is a long process [1] and for OO.org it's only
just starting. What we have now is a draft proposal being discussed
out here in the open. We haven't even voted yet on whether to accept
OO.org as a podling. There should be plenty of time for everyone
interested to get up to speed on this.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Process_Description.html

BR,

Jukka Zitting