incubator-general mailing list archives

From Phillip Rhodes <motley.crue....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Kafka for the Apache Incubator
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2011 13:34:38 GMT
On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 8:51 AM, Shalin Shekhar Mangar <
shalinmangar@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 9:47 PM, Jun Rao <junrao@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to propose Kafka to be an Apache Incubator project.  Kafka
> is a
> > distributed, high throughput, publish-subscribe system for processing
> large
> > amounts of streaming data.
> >
> > Here's a link to the proposal in the Incubator wiki
> > http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/KafkaProposal

+1

Also, I'm willing to volunteer to help with this project.. I've added my
name to the proposal wiki under "initial committers."  If anybody wants to
know more
about who I am, there's probably an "intro" email from me already in the
Incubator email archives, or I can certainly post again if anybody cares.

Phillip Rhodes