incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Accept OpenOffice.org for incubation
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2011 10:36:43 GMT
Sent from my mobile device (so please excuse typos)

On 11 Jun 2011, at 11:23, Simos Xenitellis <simos.lists@googlemail.com> wrote:

> The part about the ASF undertaking only a reference implementation for
> the ODF format
> was not discussed.

Yes it was. In fact it was the suggestion that OO.o should be refactored so that components
could be reused elsewhere that encouraged me to sign up as a mentor. Both TDF and proposers
saw this as a potential area for collaboration.

There is certainly no consensus on whether this is viable and the original proposers do not
want to limit the scope of the project to just this aspect.  However, there is a desire from
some initial committees and some TDF representatives to explore this.

As a mentor I aim to see if this refactoring, with the collaboration opportunities it presents,
can be realised.

Ross