incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice: were are we now?
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 23:30:41 GMT

On Jun 5, 2011, at 4:24 PM, Niall Pemberton wrote:

> It could be argued either way. I am sure if IBM put its efforts to
> LibreOffice then I'm sure it would be a great success. So why doesn't
> IBM want to take part when theres a great FOSS community already in
> existence?

Did you not read my post in reply to you an hour ago?  The answer is obvious. IBM is not an
"Open Source" company but a proprietary software company. Those are two separate business
models. That is like asking Microsoft why you can't have the source code for Windows.  Expecting
a Leopard to change into a Lion is simply not going to happen - at least not quickly.

Ralph