incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Illsley <davidills...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A little OOo history
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 18:16:09 GMT
Hmmm. I'd have thought it a bit difficult to build a developer community for an end user product
if theres effectively no way for an end user to get it from that community (or to get direct
feedback from users)... while you want downstream distributors as well, I'd expect the podling
to want to present it's own wares to end users.
David

On 7 Jun 2011, at 19:00, Danese Cooper <danese@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>
> IMHO we would have to roll vanilla builds just to make sure it still builds when we declare
a version. It used to take some iterations and tweaks per version to get a valid build (imagine
that's still true). ASF should at least validate "buildability" as part of servicing the codebase,
but I would assume effectively zero consumer end-users would get their software from us...