incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice and the ASF
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 14:42:04 GMT

On Jun 2, 2011, at 9:21 AM, Simon Brouwer wrote:
> I had already been so bold as to adding myself to the list, expressing my support to
the proposal. I was wondering though. In the OpenOffice.org project, many community members
contribute in other ways than committing code, for example by writing or translating documentation,
being active in the marketing project, taking part in QA. Some concern has been expressed
that, if the meritocratic system in Apache is based on code contribution only, those community
members are not able to fully become part of the OpenOffice.org Apache project or the Apache
community.

Any one who suggest such a thing simply does not know nor understand
the ASF, plain and simple. The meritocratic system depends on
work and effort, regardless of whether it is code, documentation,
etc...