incubator-general mailing list archives

From Danese Cooper <dan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A little OOo history
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 18:19:38 GMT
Just have to say...I have often been quoted saying the advent of OpenOffice.org was a rare
case of "corporate greed aligning with human need". Safe to assume a high percentage of downloaders
don't have $.99. I know we're all excited by the commercial potential of an unencumbered codebase,
but let's not forget that this software has been localized by the community into *many* languages
(65 last I checked, but probably more now) just so local people would have a chance to learn
to use computers without also having to learn one of the 13 languages MSFT supports.

Peace,
Danese