incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Fwd: OpenOffice and the ASF
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 19:06:25 GMT
FYI:

Begin forwarded message:

Sam Ruby <rubys@apache.org>
> Subject: Re: OpenOffice and the ASF
> message-id: <E0B12107-5BBF-478F-92D9-C4BE9A4632E6@openoffice.org>
>
> For me, yes, share. And I quite agree that more is better and transparency is crucial,
but also concerned about size/productivity ratio.

> -louis
>

> On 2011-06-01, at 14:35 , Jim Jagielski wrote:
>
>> BTW: would it be OK if I shared this email on the ASF
>> general@incubator list...? Again, just to be open and
>> public from the start.
>>
>> On Jun 1, 2011, at 2:18 PM, Louis Suarez-Potts wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>> You know, I am not sure I've actually met Jim, though I have met Sam and had
splendid dinners with Italo.

>>> Thanks, Jim. As I mentioned in my post to OOo's marketing project (I lead it),
and also in my blog, ooo-speak on Blogger, I'm really interested in establishing groundwork
for the reconciliation of the divided communities and for real, true open-source community
focused on OOo technology, including the ODF.

>>> I will surely rally the OOo community around this flag. But I also suggest a
conference call as soon as can be arranged between the interested parties. I'm not sure who
all those be. But I'd hope it includes ODF stalwarts such as Rob Weir and Don Harbison, Apache
folk, LibreOffice, and OOo ....

>>> I don't have (yet) an agenda; that's something to think more about, at least
if we want a productive and not just venting meeting, though there is something to be said
about venting.