incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Initial source files (was: OpenOffice: were are we now?)
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 12:52:11 GMT

On Jun 5, 2011, at 8:17 PM, Simon Phipps wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 1:06 AM, <robert_weir@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
>>> I would recommend altering the proposal. "We have the set of files
>>> specified in the software grant. During incubation, we will seek a
>>> grant to the following groups of code: <bullet list>"
>>

>> Done.
>>

> Beat me to it :-)   We still need to get that list fleshed out though, so it
> probably out to have its own wiki page somewhere, no?

Simon, just a procedural pointL it's not quite kosher for just anyone
to change an ASF podling proposal. In general, the sponsor, champion
and initial submitters have that authority (after all, it is *their*
proposal). People are encouraged to add themselves as contributors,
of course, but substantial changes to the actual proposal are not,
in general, accepted.