incubator-general mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Added Education Project idea to the OpenOffice.org Apache incubator
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 13:30:43 GMT
Hi Ross,

Apologies, I just retrieved the mail one minute ago, sorting the n
750 mails I received from this list.

Le 2 juin 11 à 12:13, Ross Gardler a écrit :

> On 02/06/2011 10:30, eric b wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> For the record, I added the Education Project idea on the wiki page
>> (http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/OpenOfficeProposal).
>>
>> The idea we defend since several years, is to work with High
>> Schools and
>> Universities, train students, detect potential good ideas, write code
>> (contribute back to OpenOffice.org when the code desserves it).
>>
>> Feel free to improve the idea :-)
>
> If this is something that the OOo proposal wants to take forward I
> would be happy to help facilitate this through our Community
> Development Project (this is the PMC that runs our mentoring program).

Thank you very much, I appreciate a lot :-)

Mentoring is essential in the Education Project, because our main
goal, after create a strong bridge with Educational world, was to
attract new developers.

I'm a bit lost with the Apache Fondation website. Do you have links I
could read ?

Thanks in advance,
Eric Bachard

--