incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject OOo Monetary Donations
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 21:31:04 GMT
I started looking around at the OOo website.

I'm not sure if now is the time to bring this up, but at http://contributing.openoffice.org/donate.html
there is a solicitation for funds via three processes.

Here's what the page says:

> Your donation will go directly towards helping this project. Some of the ways in which
your funds might be used include:
> 	• Hiring independent developers to work with OpenOffice.org.
> 	• Paying for participation at trade shows and conferences.
> 	• Paying for organization and staff at annual OpenOffice.org Conference, OOoCon.
> 	• Marketing banners, collateral, CDs and brochures.
> Please discuss the tax benefits of donating with your accountant.
> You can make a donation to our primary treasury, Team OpenOffice.org, e.V. via PayPal
or credit card or use bank transfer.
> Or, if you prefer to donate US dolars (USD) via credit card, cheque or money order, you
can use use Software In the Public Interest, Inc. (SPI), and simply identify the recipient
project, OpenOffice.org, where indicataed in the instructions SPI provides: SPI Donations
for OpenOffice.org . (SPI does not accept PayPal or wire transfers.)

Clearly there ought to be changes to the page and process when/if the podling happens. This
is probably at the ASF Board level... certainly the "hiring developers" part doesn't fit...

Regards,
Dave