incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice: were are we now?
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 15:48:07 GMT

On Jun 5, 2011, at 8:43 AM, Ralph Goers wrote:

> I posted a similar statement yesterday. Personally, I think the traffic on this list
has settled down a lot in the last 24 hours and is now focusing in on topics more relevant
to this list. But maybe that is just because it was Saturday :-)

> What I am still waiting to hear on are:
> 1. The amount of code in the project that the grant didn't give to us under the Apache
License.
> 2. The amount of work that will be required to rework dependencies.
> 3. Whether the number of initial committers will be sufficient to start the project (this
is probably going to be very subjective).
> 4. Whether there are enough mentors who have the time to devote to this.  Since this
is a very large undertaking I'd appreciate a bit more than just their name on the wiki but
perhaps an actual estimate of how much time they have to devote to the project.

Well, now maybe I don't care so much about number 4.  There are now 7 mentors listed in the
proposal.

Ralph