incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject KEYS and releases
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 03:29:47 GMT
Hi,

I've recently noticed a podling (ok, it was gora ;-) including KEYS as
part of the release package to be voted on.

I've seen some projects that include KEYS as part of a release.

I've seen other projects add KEYS to the top level of the inclubator/
<podling> directory and the same file is updated and used for each
subsequent release.

My preference would be to manage KEYS separately from releases. So any
time a new prospective release manager is added to the project, the
KEYS file would be updated with no vote, since it's not being
released. Then, no KEYS file would need to be included in the release
artifacts. And no vote need occur.

Thoughts?

Craig

Craig L Russell