incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: OO/LO License
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 00:20:47 GMT
That is true. There is also the possibility that there are
a set, possibly large, of knowledgeable developers who only
want their work non-copyleft. And another set that really couldn't
care one way or another. That's simply the nature of FOSS licenses.

I develop and release code under all types of licenses; I work on
GPL projects, EPL projects and AL projects, etc... For me, it is
not a religious or idealogical constraint ("I will only work on...").
Instead, as it should be, the choice of license is dictated on
many points. For the kind of stuff which is mostly important to
me, which is that the software be as ubiquitous as possible, the
AL is the perfect choice.