incubator-general mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re : Request: Can "proposed committers" introduce themselves?
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 08:43:44 GMT
Hello,

My name is Eric Bachard. In the real life, I'm Professor of Applied
Physics at UTBM (see [1]).

In my spare time, I'm contributing to free software, as core
developer. Contributing to OpenOffice.org since 2004, my skills are  C
++ / C, objective C, shell and Perl. I know well OpenOffice.org
source tree, build system, code too, and can work for all major ports
(Windows, Mac OS X , Linux), including on some precise parts like the
framework, the abstraction layer, Impress too.

Used to mentor students with EducOOo (more than 15), and with Google
Summer of Code (mentored 4 students, in 2006, 2007 and 2010 for it),
I am willing to contribute to the code and train students to OOo.

My vision is to see the OpenOffice.org accepted, Education Project
become sort of a "Laboratory" dedicated to OpenOffice.org, and see a
day there is a real bridge between OpenOffice.org and the Educational
world. Mostly :

- sharing the knowledge, honestly ;
- working with students, teachers and schools : hear them, and catch
the Fun they can bring us ;
- attracting new developers : critical for OOo ;
- innovating : always ready to test a new idea in the code :-).

Some of my roles and contributions :

-  Founding member of EducOOo [4]
-  OOo4Kids and OOoLight main developer  [5] [6]
-  Education Project since 2007 (current Project Lead)  [3]
-  Mac OS X native port of OpenOffice.org : was the Project Lead
(2005 -2007)

Last but not least, I'm not a native speaker, so please, be gentle,
and apologies for my terrible english :)

With best regards,
Eric Bachard

[1] UTBM :  http://www.utbm.fr
[2] OpenOffice.org Domain developers : http://
wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/DomainDeveloper
[3] OpenOffice.org Education Project : http://education.openoffice.org
[4] EducOOo : http://www.educoo.org
[5] OOo4Kids : http://wiki.ooo4kids.org
[6] OOoLight : http://wiki.ooolight.org