incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org Apache Incubator Proposal
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 16:28:06 GMT

On Jun 1, 2011, at 12:21 PM, Ross Gardler wrote:

> There is a statement that "Oracle will assist in the transition and migration from OpenOffice.org.",
I am probably reading too much into it, but why is there not a statement that Oracle intend
to continue development once the transition is complete?

Most likely because they don't intend to.

Which is fine (imo)... They will help incubation but
not the graduated TLP. IMO a "code dump" is when people
don't help at all and that is totally unacceptable.