incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Remediation ...
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 08:47:56 GMT

On 9 Jun 2011, at 20:10, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Michael,
>
> I agree that the ethical thing to do is to inform partners of such matters, although
I still don't know how to guarantee it.  And generally speaking, you might want to treat the
specifics of such matters in similarly sensitive manner as to how you would carefully handle
any potential security related matters that might exist.

Surely now this has been flagged, we can and should proactively address it
in incubation.

I'd propose to create a "Patent Issues" bug report.  We can then call on all
participants with knowledge of patent issues to enter them as dependencies
of the meta-bug, so that Michael and other interested parties have a focus
for related activity at apache.org.

I would also suggest that it should be a blocker for graduation that every
known patent issue be resolved.  That is to say, either a full fix, or failing
that a discussion and executive summary sufficient to alert users.

--
Nick Kew

Available for work, contract or permanent
http://www.webthing.com/~nick/cv.html