incubator-general mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept OpenOffice.org for incubation
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 15:57:29 GMT
+1 (binding)

I remain tentative as there are clearly some risks associated with the podling. I'm concerned
about its potential to consume disproportionate foundation resources relative to other projects.
I also think it'll face a an uphill battle fostering a community that can both work well with
other members of the ecosystem, gain the required momentum, and get to the point that it would
survive the withdrawal of any single major player - all things I hope they strive to do.

I hope the podling will look closely at its scope in relation to the available committers,
and at how to handle the user community - neither rushing incubation for the purpose of transitioning
them, nor leaving them stranded if incubation is prolonged or fails.

However, I believe that incubation is the right time to sort those out, and I see that all
of these things are being taken into consideration by the proposers. I wish them all the best
of luck!

Cheers,
Brett

--