incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: "opportunity to reunite the related communities" Re: OpenOffice.org Apache Incubator Proposal: Splitting the Community?
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 19:35:39 GMT

On Jun 3, 2011, at 3:00 PM, Simon Phipps wrote:

> I am not even thinking of suggesting it, any more than I would dream of telling TDF they
have to switch to another license. But I do believe there's a need to focus *in the proposal*
on exactly how to sustain the consumer deliverable from Day One.

Agreed. And that's why I suggested that that would be an
excellent initial part of cooperation between the ASF and
TDF, where they could provide the build/distribution.

One main, significant difference between TDF and the ASF
is that the ASF just releases source; TDF fills a *huge*
and important part of the entire OOo end-user experience.
I sincerely hope this is an easy to agree to.