incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice & LibreOffice
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 01:06:20 GMT

On Jun 5, 2011, at 6:01 PM, Keith Curtis wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 5:56 PM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:
>>
>> Fully disagree.  I encourage you to read the terms.
>>
>>> -Keith
>>
>> - Sam Ruby
>
> This is what the Wikipedia page on the Apache License says:
>
> "The Apache License, like most other permissive licenses, does not
> require modified versions of the software to be distributed using the
> same license."

You are confusing copyright and software licensing.

You can modify software that is under the Apache license and use it in a proprietary product
but you have to do it in a way that complies with the license and copyright law.  You can
use also use software that is under the LGPL in a proprietary product. The purpose of this
list is not to explain how to do either of these.

Ralph