incubator-general mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: OpenOffice - Wiki - Required Resources - Subversion vs. Mercurial vs. Git
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 20:36:35 GMT

Le 2 juin 11 à 22:26, Christian Lippka a écrit :

> Hello,

Hello Christian,

> The Open Office Proposal Wiki currently lists a subversion
> repository as a required resource.
>
> We already had subversion for some time as the repository for the
> main code and it didn't work well for a project this size. I do not
> like to start a religious ware so from my point of
> view both git or mercurial should be fine and preferred over
> subversion.

Good catch.

I can confirm the same using subversion for OOo4Kids repository (base
on OOO320_m19) : it is scheduled to migrate to git soon (and create
OOoLight repo at the same occasion).

And to avoid religion war, I remember one very interesting discussion
on dev@openoffice.org list. Could be usefull to read the thread as
starting point ? (I need to retrieve the entre though ..)

Regards,
Eric Bachard

--
qɔᴉɹə