incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Steven J Hathaway" <>
Subject Request ASF assistance to reform XALAN PMC
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 21:27:10 GMT
To The Incubator:
Bertrand Delacretaz has indicated that XALAN_C is a candidate for
moving to the attic.
I would like to see XALAN moved to the Incubator instead of
the attic.  I will help reinstate the XALAN PMC but need some
ASF assistance.

I am not currently an ASF member, but I am willing to become a member
and a contributor for the purpose of advancing the XALAN projects.
I am willing to mentor the XALAN-C project and prepare project releases.
I am willing to help reform the XALAN PMC and report to the ASF and
appropriate PMCs on XALAN project status.

You already have my ASF committer's license agreement on file, but there
are insufficient active members in the XALAN PMC to nominate or approve of
new membership.

I have extensive background in technical writing and publishing.
I also have significant expertise in systems programming and
network communications programming (over 40 years).
If you need my resume information, just ask!
The following persons have submitted information to the mail list in
the last few months.
There may be enough persons available to reform the XALAN PMC if membership and committer
credentials can be authorized.
I hope the ASF board can help with this.
I monitor the mail lists:
  <> and <>.
Steven J. Hathaway
Bertrand Delacretaz <>
   Incubator PMC
David Bertoni <>
   XALAN PMC Chair
Steven J Hathaway <>
Steven J Hathaway <>
   Oregon State Police - Systems Analyst
   Former: Tektronix, Inc - Technical Writer
   Consultant - to Unisys Corp.
Michael Glavassevich <>
Michael Glavassevich <>
   XML Parser Development
   IBM Toronto Lab
Harsh Gupta <>
   XALAN User
Victor Wang <>
   Google Summer of Code project - XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0 for Xalan
Xun Long Gui <>
   Mentor for GSoC project - XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0 for Xalan
Jesper Steen Maller <>
   PsychoPath code tree information
Mark Thomas <markt>
   Resolving XALAN-C issues