incubator-general mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Bigtop for the Apache Incubator
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 11:07:17 GMT
On 14/06/11 05:26, Tom White wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to propose Bigtop to be an Apache Incubator project.
> Bigtop is a project for the development of packaging and tests of the
> Hadoop ecosystem. The goal is to do testing at various levels
> (packaging, platform, runtime, upgrade, etc...) developed by a
> community with a focus on the system as a whole, rather than
> individual projects.
>
> Here's a link to the proposal on the wiki
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/BigtopProposal
>
> I've also included the initial contents below.
>
> Cheers,
> Tom

I've added my name to the committer list, I won't be working on this in
much/any of work time, and am fairly overcommitted, so don't expect that
much. I can contribute some of my experience in VM setup/teardown for
testing RPM installations, and how to do functional testing of
dynamically created Hadoop clusters.