incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dieter Loeschky <dieter.loesc...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Request: Can "proposed committers" introduce themselves?
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 13:09:20 GMT
Hi,

I'm with the OpenOffice.org code base since the very first beginning.
While still being an Oracle employee, my engagement here will be on an
individual base.

Here are some aspects of my OOo history in a nutshell:

- started at Star Division as lead developer of the Impress application
C++ implementation in core and UI, integration of the Drawing Layer,
Edit Engine, SFX, etc.

- project lead of the graphics project at OOo
kicked off the graphics project which includes Impress, Draw, Chart,
Drawing Engine, etc.

- project lead of the i18n project at OOo
kicked off the i18n project which focus on all aspects of
internationalization and Unicode support

- co-lead of the performance project at OOo
kicked off the performance project which takes care of startup and
load/save performance

- member of the OOo engineering steering committee

- coaching internal (at Star Division, Sun and Oracle) and external
developers over years, intensive team building

- deep knowledge about the office market and product requirements

- deep knowledge about building and delivering OOo releases in time and
in best quality

ODF related work
- helped to initiate the ODF standardization at OASIS
- helped to initiate the ODF Toolkit project at odftoolkit.org
- member of the engineering steering committee of the odftoolkit.org project

I would love to see one united OpenOffice.org project and hope that this
Apache project can be the base of all OOo flavors.

Regards,
Dieter