incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Accept for incubation
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2011 21:53:23 GMT
On 6/12/2011 4:03 AM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> Not that much;
>  * Same players.
>  * Same importance.

I'm pretty certain there is < 0.05% overlap between the Office Suite
and Java Runtime mechanics of either Sun or IBM.  They probably never
even shared so much as a VP, although I could be wrong.

I learned this from my experiences with Port 25/Compatibility Labs
in Redmond; if you take any group of thousands of employees and
hundreds of managers, your results from one group are going to be
radically different than your results with another group at the same

Painting with broad brushes may be useful in propagating FUD, but
I don't think they offer much wisdom to our incubator discussions.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message