incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andrew Rist <>
Subject Re: FSF Statement on's move to Apache
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 16:09:01 GMT
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 11:47 AM, Volker Merschmann
> <>  wrote:
>> Some fundamental comments about the license have been written down by
>> the FSF:
> That's worthy of a new subject line.
> While the first line of the first paragraph is inaccurate (we haven't
> even had a vote yet), overall, it appears to be a balanced piece.
> Providing clear licensing information on extensions is certainly an
> area for improvement.
I would also point out that this is not a case of moving from Copy Left
to Permissive licensing.
In this case, the code base is moving from dual-licensing (Copy  Left
and Proprietary) to Permissive.
This means that the use of the code under open source license will
widen, and everyone will share the same license.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message