incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andy Brown <a...@the-martin-byrd.net>
Subject Re: Request: Can "proposed committers" introduce themselves?
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 19:43:01 GMT
Hi All.

After reading the messages by others I feel very out of place.  I do not
have any formal background to speak of that would relate to this or any
other project.  The only thing that I feel I can bring is an open mind
and willingness to work and learn.

I first used StarOffice back in 1997/1998 under OS2.  In 2004 I found
OpenOffice.org and started using it under Windows XP.  In 2009 I wanted
to give back and joined the Documentation, Marketing and Distribution
projects.  In the Documentation project I helped with some to the Calc
chapters in the user guide.  In the Marketing project I helped with a
tri-fold pamphlet for the US market.  In the Distribution project I
helped others get started in the mailing list, was a moderator of one of
the list, and shipped disk all over the US to people that did not have
access to high speed internet access to download the program.

Thanks for allowing me to be part of this.

Andy Brown