incubator-general mailing list archives

From Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Subject Re: OOo Monetary Donations
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 09:31:49 GMT
Hi,

Martin Hollmichel wrote on 2011-06-09 11.20:

> Team OOo donation are not tax-deductible, as not want have all spendings
> as especially meritorious. Of course Team OOo is a non-profit
> organization and more flexible in spendings. My understanding is that
> the especially meritorious term also limits spending inside Germany (see
> German link)

indeed, having it as "besonders förderungswürdig" brings the benefit of
getting tax bonuses and having donations as well as membership fees
tax-deductible, while it limits the way you can spend. Both options do
not affect, as far as I recall, the type of donations or their origin
that you can accept.

This combination of two associations so far worked very well, because
depending on what was needed, it was one or the other association that
could step in, as both models have their advantage, indeed.

Just as an example: In the past, we often had it that OOoDeV/FrODeV paid
for the trade show booth e.g. at CeBIT, while TeamOOo jumped in with
travel fundings.

Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108