incubator-general mailing list archives

From Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Subject Re: OOo Monetary Donations
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 08:32:01 GMT
Hi,

Charles-H. Schulz wrote on 2011-06-09 10.28:
> - TeamOOo e.V: Association of the Hamburg engineers (primarily) --->  OOo
> - FroDe.V, formerly OOoDe.V: users/community association in Germany
> channelling funds under two separate accounts for LibreOffice and
> OpenOffice, and also acting as the intermediary legal entity on behalf of
> TDF.

exactly. Maybe two things to add (and Martin, feel free to correct me):

TeamOOo: donations are not tax-deductible, as not approved as
not-for-profit, but thus more flexible in handling money spending
outside of Germany.

FrODeV: donations are tax-deductible, we are approved as not-for-profit
and as especially meritorius ("besonders förderungswürdig"), but thus a
bit more limited in spending outside of Germany.

NB: every association can decide if they want to run for it or not, so
it is *not* a governmental judgement.

Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108