incubator-general mailing list archives

From Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Subject Re: OOo Monetary Donations
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 07:48:15 GMT
Hi,

Andy Brown wrote on 2011-06-09 01.42:
> It would be interesting to find out if all funds received for OOo were
> accounted for since the fork.  The e.V changed names and collects
> donations for LibreOffice,
> http://www.documentfoundation.org/contribution/ .

as a German approved, charitable/non-profit organization, we are bound
to the subject of use for donations we receive. That means, if someone
explicitly donates for OpenOffice.org or for LibreOffice, money will be
used exclusively for this purpose. You could, e.g., also donate to a
specific project we set-up (like developing XYZ component), then the
donation would have to be used exclusively for that.

The change of our name reflects we are supporting not only OOo or LibO,
but all free office suites.

Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108