incubator-general mailing list archives

From André Schnabel <andre.schna...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: OOo Monetary Donations
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 06:14:45 GMT
Hi Simon,

Am 09.06.2011 00:14, schrieb Simon Phipps:

>> Presumably it would also be possible to have a group outside ASF called eg
>> Friends of Open Office ( FOO) that raised money and put it to code
>> development or marketing or whatever. Not saying that is the best way just
>> its a possibility.
>>
> Doesn't one of those already exist?

I know, you referre to FroDeV here - but in fact many of such entities
exist. E.g. TeamOOo (the primary association for funds handling at the
OOo project), PLIO in Italy, there are associations France, afaik in
Japan and other countries as well to support the OpenOffice.org
Community.  Not counted the many associations that have ODF focus.

Regarding FrODev - Florian mentioned this every now and then - it is the
interim entity to handle donations and legal assets for TDF. The
association has been established the German Community around OOo (now we
speak about supporting Free Office Suites in Germany) - and for several
reasons we like (and have) to keep it that way.

regards,

André