incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice Proposal: Nominated Mentors
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 00:44:43 GMT
On 09/06/2011 01:21, donald_harbison@us.ibm.com wrote:
> "Noel J. Bergman"<noel@devtech.com>  wrote on 06/08/2011 03:33:42 PM:
>
>> From: "Noel J. Bergman"<noel@devtech.com>
>> To:<general@incubator.apache.org>
>> Date: 06/08/2011 03:34 PM
>> Subject: RE: OpenOffice Proposal: Nominated Mentors
>>
>> Robert Weir wrote:
>>
>>> - Community development, due to the need to develop and
>>> coordinate/collaborate with current and anticipated
>>> downstream consumers of the project, as well as potentially
>>> forging bi-directional collaborations.
>>
>>> we would benefit from having incubation mentors with noted strength
>>> in these areas.
>>
>>> if say, another 2 or so IPMC  members who have complementary strengths
>>> in one or more of  the above areas, I'd welcome their assistance.
>>
>> If she's amenable, perhaps Danese Cooper?
>
> What about Nick Burch? He's chair ConComm as far as I know, and in a great
> position to be neutral wrt to past histories.

With respect to Community Development both Noirin and I are on the
Community Development and Conference Committee PMCs. I certainly have no
past history and I don't think Noirin does either. Of course Nick is
very welcome to join us, but if he does not have the time I think we are
adequately covered.

Remember the mentoring role is not a doing role. It still falls to the
project committers to actually do the collaboration work.

Ross