incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andrew Rist <andrew.r...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: OOo Monetary Donations
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 23:24:22 GMT
to a foundation independent of Oracle: Team OpenOffice.org e.V.
searching for a more complete answer

Oracle Email Signature Logo
Andrew Rist | Interoperability Architect
Oracle Corporate Architecture Group
Redwood Shores, CA | 650.506.9847

On 6/8/2011 4:19 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> On Jun 8, 2011, at 4:31 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
>
>> I started looking around at the OOo website.
>>
>> I'm not sure if now is the time to bring this up, but at http://contributing.openoffice.org/donate.html
there is a solicitation for funds via three processes.

>> Here's what the page says:
>>
>>> Your donation will go directly towards helping this project. Some of the ways
in which your funds might be used include:
>>> 	• Hiring independent developers to work with OpenOffice.org.
>>> 	• Paying for participation at trade shows and conferences.
>>> 	• Paying for organization and staff at annual OpenOffice.org Conference, OOoCon.
>>> 	• Marketing banners, collateral, CDs and brochures.
>>> Please discuss the tax benefits of donating with your accountant.
>>> You can make a donation to our primary treasury, Team OpenOffice.org, e.V. via
PayPal or credit card or use bank transfer.
>>> Or, if you prefer to donate US dolars (USD) via credit card, cheque or money
order, you can use use Software In the Public Interest, Inc. (SPI), and simply identify the
recipient project, OpenOffice.org, where indicataed in the instructions SPI provides: SPI
Donations for OpenOffice.org . (SPI does not accept PayPal or wire transfers.)

>> Clearly there ought to be changes to the page and process when/if the podling happens.
This is probably at the ASF Board level... certainly the "hiring developers" part doesn't
fit...