incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andrew Rist <andrew.r...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Code covered by the Oracle grant
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 21:00:12 GMT
I'll quote my earlier answer [1] on that:

Our approach is to start with the main open source code - stuff with
clear provenance.  The OOo extensions are more complex in terms of
licensing and other issues, but this is certainly something to revisit
at a later stage of the project.

(acknowledged - that was several hundred messages ago)

On 6/8/2011 1:41 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> May I ask for a last clarification on the code covered by the Oracle
> grant? Some observers, like the Document Foundation [1] and Bradley Kuhn
> [2], seem to imply that the grant will also turn some proprietary
> software (components exclusive to "StarOffice - Oracle Open Office"
> perhaps? Or "Oracle Cloud Office"?) into free software: is this the case
> or, as it seems from the provided file list, all the code covered by the
> grant is already available as free (LGPL3) software?

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201106.mbox/%3C4DE9BD98.3050600@oracle.com%3E