incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andrew Rist <andrew.r...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Code covered by the Oracle grant
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 17:08:42 GMT
It is Oracle's intent to provide to ASF the files needed to build OOo,
taking into account licensing and ownership issues.
This includes binary artifacts such as the OOo artwork and translation
databases.  I am following the discussions here closely,
and I am collected all of the lists that are provided.

In order to execute the standard ASF Software Grant we were required to
come up with an initial list of files, and so the list,
which has been distributed, is exactly that - an initial list.

As previous stated [1][2], Oracle wants to provide what is needed for
the continuity of the OOo project.  In terms of svn history
and such, that becomes more of an issue for the podling to decide, and
is discussed in the podling documentation [3].